Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 1....of unemployment

WOW, hmmm, sooo, welll,ok, it is feeling kinda weird. The alarm went off and I rolled over and just wanted to pull the covers over my head and sleep some more. BUT, had to take Drake to school. Soo, got up, brushed my teeth and was wondering what the latest fashion statement is for the unemployed mom dropping her child off at school was. Well, it turned out to be the clothes I had on yesterday, no bra, flip-flops and not even combing my hair :D (SCAREY!). Came home and wallowed for a bit, read for a bit, tried to take a nap and after about a hour (all the above done in that time) decided it was time to get up and do something...............

SOOO, I got my arse off the couch and dusted off the elliptical. Did 15 minutes on that. I know that does not sound like much, but until you have been on one and know how they can kick your butt, 15 mins in good. Especially since I have not been on it for ummm,hmmm atleast 6 months. Since I was nice and sweaty and stinky, I straighted up the living room, started a load of laundry and headed for the shower. Well, in between phone calls and text messages (Thank you everyone who loves me!), I managed to also straighten up the kitchen, pick up the kids (I walked (yes walked) 1/2 way to meet Drake coming home from school) and went to the bank (the check was definitely green, lets hope it doesn't bounce!). Not too bad for the first day!!!

I think I am gonna go read, still need to finish book 4 of Twilight and figure out what tomorrow will bring.....OH YEAH, my hair appointment YEAHH!!!!!! (desperately in need!)

All I can say, is I don't want to end up looking like this!!!!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Enjoy it! Youv'e worked hard your whole life! Take it easy and figured out what you REALLY want to do in life.