Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quick and Easy........

Here are couple quick and easy recipes. The Pizza Bake is a nice standby and I usually try to make sure I always have the ingredients on hand. Have it with a salad and some fruit, and you have a quick, easy, mostly kid friendly meal (not alot is low-fat, hmmmm, need to work on that!) .

For those that don't know, I love to search the internet for recipes and try new things. My family is not always the most agreeable and the best test audience, but I try anyways. I have tried some real duds, but that doesn't stop me from trying....Most of time I search Pillsbury.com, Kraftfoods.com, BettyCrocker.com, Allrecipes.com, Cooks.com, I am sure there are more, but those are off the top of my head. Here is some quick and easy (also some of the photos come from the websites as well)........

Grands Pepperoni Pizza Bake

1-16.3 oz can Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
1-8 oz can pizza sauce
8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
Sliced Pepperoni

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Seperate dough into 8 biscuits and cut each biscuit into 8 pieces, place in medium bowl. Add pizza sauce and 1 cup of cheese, toss to coat. Spoon and spread mixture in 9 inch square pan, top with pepperoni and remaining cheese. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown and not doughy in middle. YUM!

Velveeta Down Home Macaroni and Cheese

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
8 oz Velveeta Cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked & drained
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 ritz crackers, crushed

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 3 tbsp butter in saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add Velveeta, cook 3 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in Macaroni.

Pour mixture in 2-qt casserole, sprinkle with cheddar, melt remaining butter, toss with crackers, sprinkle over casserole. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! Recipes! You've made me so happy! :)

Donna said...

I'm glad I can make someone happy :D

Missy said...

Yeah,, not very weight watcher friendly. Good job on the working out!!