Another year to look forward to. Can't say as I am too sad to see the end of 2008, but then again, it wasn't the worse year ever. There were actually quite a few highlights for the year. As previously mentioned, we spent the summer traveling around the state to baseball tournaments. It was alot of travel and with gas prices what they were, well, OUCH!, but ya know, I would not have traded it for anything. It was alot of fun to see both boys play and we saw some really good games and some really good plays (ok some not soo good too, but ya know). Although, I don't think I care to repeat the Redmond tournament in the snow, that was a bit much!!
Because of the sports, we did not get much camping in. I think we went 3 times and 2 of those times was while the boys were on their roadtrip to Branson (which I still wish I could have gone on!)
We did get some playing in too. Took the boys snowboarding in March, went fishing 4th of July (mom caught a monster bass!), went to a Beaver game, went to the coast, as mentioned, the boys had their 3 week vacation back to the MidWest. Mark and Gunner did some deer hunting and are now enjoying some duck hunting....
As for me, I do wish I would have had more time for some quilting or scrapbooking. I have been doing alot of reading (alot of times it is while I am waiting for practice to get over or at the orthodontist), but, that is about all. Some days there are just not enough hours in the day!! We spent most of the year going from practices, games, tournaments and the other stuff just kinda thrown in...and guess what!! We start basketball games week after next :D......
Here are a few pics to recap the year of 2008....May 2009 bring you everything you want and more!!! (So far all is has brought me, besides rain, is a teenager!!)
Happy Birthday to Gunner, he officially turned 13 yesterday. I think with the recent acquistion of braces, it makes him look older (where did my sweet little boy go!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment