I don't know if anyone reads this close enough or remembers, but awhile back I posted about the few times it was good for something to be blue. Well, one of those things was for my paycheck to be blue. I haven't received it yet, but I am pretty sure the one that comes Fed Ex tomorrow or Thur will not be blue. Yes, I have been a casuality of downsizing, a crappy market, the buyout, whatever you want to call it. But I am now officially UN-EM-PLOY-ED!! It feels SOOO weird!! I have worked since I was 16/17 and the only time off really, was my maternity leaves (and I don't think those count!). As I am sitting here typing, I am wondering what I am going to do with myself!! (Yes, I have already filed my unemployment claim online!) It has been a very emotional 2 days. Go back to work after vacation and have the big wig walk in and tell you the office is being closed, turn over your files and you have 2 days, then you are done. After 13 years, that was all there was. I can not explain how it felt walking out of the office and there was a big pile of boxes (for someone else to pack up files) and that was all that was left after 13 years. Even though there was, at times, alot of trials and tribulations, I worked with 2 of the girls for 10 and 13 years, we were like a family (and fought like one too!!) and we all knew each other so well and worked together pretty well, most of the time :D I really don't know or understand sometimes the thought process of corporate america!!
Soo, to the girls from the office and to everyone that I ever worked with, it was a helluva ride and I am sad to see it end.....Here is a toast to everything we did, everything we will do and as hard as it is right now (because man is it tough!), Everything does happen for a reason and we all have to remember we will come out stronger in the end!!!

Hang tough! and as soon as we all receive a unemployment check, we should do lunch (McDonald's dollar menu HAHAHA!)
OHHH Yeah!!! One good thing that did come out of this!! I was able to get a hair appointment!! YEAH!!!! Soo, I have a hair appointment, will have awesome hair, but no one to show it too!! I will have awesome hair as I am home on my ass, watching daytime tv in my sausage sweats!! (heard that the other day and thought it was the funniest thing!!)
1 comment:
Sausage sweats!! ha ha. I am so stealing that. I do believe it will all work out how it is supposed to. Hell, maybe time to change careers? Crazy how a day can turn your world upside down. Yeah for your hair appt! I guess I don't need to call and remind you. It is the "highlight" (pun intended) of your day. I will make you gorgeous and then take you out to lunch (it may be the dollar menu, I'm not your rich sister). ha ha. See you tommorrow :)
Post a Comment