Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie...

Ok, I can't believe I am going to share this recipe, but the copy I have is getting to smeared to read, so I needed to retype anyway, so thought I would post. Again, this is with my modificiations and how I make it........ENJOY!!!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon mil
1 cup (generous) peanut butter, creamy
1 - 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 - 9 inch graham cracker crust
1 - 3.9 oz pkgs instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup cold milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 peanut butter cups, cut into pieces

In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and peanut butter until smooth. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of whipped toping. Spread mixture in bottom of pie crust.

In a 2nd bowl, stir pudding mix with 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream, mix until thick, immediately stirring in remaining whipped topping. Spread mixture over peanut butter layer.

Scatter peanut butter cups over top of pie, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.

Of course, this recipe should be avoided by ALL who are trying to be good in this new year (Myself included). As you can see it is not exactly fat free. and to keep me honest, did 18 minutes on the elliptical last night. Each time I have added 1 or 2 minutes YAHOO for me!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, YUMMMMM! Now I want pie :(
BTW, what is MIL? :D

Missy said...

MIL??? did you mean milk?
How nice to be home at 2:44 in the afternoon blogging in the middle of the week. I am jealous!

Donna said...

Ummm, yeah MIL, would be Milk, OOPPSS.. they say the brain cells go fast when they are not being used, I believe them! HEHEHEHE