Saturday, November 8, 2008

A New Day...

Today is a new day!! I was going to try to be positive for the month and since it is Thanksgiving and I feel a month to truly think about all the things we are thankful for.

My first list of things was, I am thankful for Friday, I am thankful for football being almost over, I am thankful for peace and quiet on a Saturday morning. That is not what I really need to be focused on. My family healty and well, a home to go to, food on my table and as much as I am doubting it at the moment, I am thankful (a little) I have a job. In all the doom and gloom of the media and life in general, I do think we need to step and remember the things we are truly thankful and grateful for. Yes, I will still be thankful when Friday comes, who isn't?!, but I also need to remember to step and look at the bigger picture...

SO, take some time to stop and think about what you are thankful for, even post a comment of what you are thankful for......

Here are a couple of quotes about attitude that I think are fitting, I know I need to "listen" to them! :D

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. (Francesca Reigler)

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out. (Art Linkletter)

and finally

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Missy said...

I love this post. Yes, we need to step back and be real about what we are thankful for. I am thankful that you are my sister :)