Sunday, November 9, 2008

Its Over............

Well, I don't know if it is good or bad, but football is over. All that is left is the end of season pizza and turning in the gear. It is kinda bittersweet, no more practices or worrying about getting him there on time, no more Sunday games, but then again, I did kinda look forward to the games >SIGH<

Last night was their final game. Not sure what happened to our team, but it seems like once regular season was over, we fell apart. Needless to say, we lost last night 7-18. Drake had an ok game, he qb'd in the first quarter and that was when they scored the touchdown. He had a couple good hits on defense. He almost had an interception, but instead was called for pass interference, oops!. On defense, not much came his way. In the 2nd half, the offense has about 3 fumbles and then 2 interceptions, not good! One of the interceptions, we were on the 9, had a 1st down and about 1:30 left in the game. That interception turned into a touchdown the other way........

It was a good season overall for Drake, I think he learned alot, he enjoyed playing and is already looking forward to next year. I think I survived enough to say yes to next year. Even with playing QB, he only took one really hard/bad hit this season and it was from his own player, go figure.

Thanks to everyone who came and watched, they are pretty fun to watch. Sorry for those who missed out, again, they were pretty fun to watch.

Now it is on to basketball, they are both playing and I believe practices start the first week of December, a couple week break. During that time, if the rain keeps coming in, then the boys will hopefully get some duck hunting in.

Well, the house is quiet, I am alone again :D, so off to stoke the fire, and find my book.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I am with you. Very busy getting them to and from, but I enjoy it too. No break for us. Tyler's basketball season is about half over and Nicole starts practice tonight. She made the "Select A" team. Yeah!