I got woke up this morning by Mark kicking my leg telling me it is 5:00 A.M., Really, Already!! I jsut went to sleep......ARGHH
SO, rolled out of bed, pulled on the clothes I wore yesterday (later when I got home, realized my shirt was on inside out OOPS!!), and woke up Gunner. He groggily got out of bed and we headed for the Fairgrounds in Albany, he had to be there by 6:00 A.M., yes I said AM, did you know the sun is out at that time?.......
Got him dropped off and headed back to Lebanon, I knew we were heading for Salem and had to go get gas in the car. Did you know that. even at Safeway, at 6:30 in the morning, when you fill your tank, they won't wash your windows. Whats up with that? What happened to customer service??? SHEESH!!! N-E-Ways, tank full, headed for home.
Mark and Drake were still in bed, so had about 20 minutes of peace and quiet, so I finished my book so I could take it to Lisa and then headed for the shower.
After my shower I was walking out the door at 7:45 A.M. (Yes, I had the day off, this is a vacation day, WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!) Headed to the concession stand at Bob Smith. Silly me volunteered to open it up and get things started and set up this morning AND to work it until we had to leave for Keizer.....Thank You Tina C. for having the same Starbucks habit I have and bringing me one, you are a lifesaver!
Left Bob Smith at 9:45, yes still morning....and we headed up to Keizer. Drake's first game was at Noon, they won 12-8. Left the field and had about 3 hours to kill. Went and ate lunch and then went driving thru Salem looking for a barber, Mark and Drake decided they needed haircuts. Found this little hole in the wall barber shop and got that taken care (looks pretty good too!)
Headed back to Keizer, had a 6:00 P.M. game and had to be there at 5:00, HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL, it was hot out there!! Felt bad for the boys, especially when Drake took a wiffle ball in the nose and ended up with a bloody nose. We lost that game 2-4, but it was a good game and it is possible that other team could be there until the end. (Drake got a base hit and stole home on a passed ball YEAH DRAKE - He plays tomorrow at Noon and if win,then again at 6:00 P.M. again.
While all this was going on, Gunner was at the fairgrounds with pig detail. He showed her at 6:00 P.M. and took 4th place Blue (out of 12 and not sure what blue means). I am really, really proud of him. His pig did not make weight, so she can't be auctioned, but he still needed to show her and he did good!! (he shows again tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. at Linn County Fair) He has to be up and back at the fairgrounds by 6 tomorrow morning (wow six must be lucky everything is happening at 6 in the morning or 6 at night, ok I digress!) Since we didn't know when we would be home or play tomorrow, he is at Grandma H's tonight (THANK YOU GRANDMA H for your help!! Appreciate it)
Back on track here.........After stopping at DQ for Blizzards (and chicken strips for Drake), we pull in our driveway at 9:00 P.M. Just in time to wash baseball gear and head to bed so we can do it all over again tomorrow!!!
I don't have any pics on this post, I am tired, going to bed and don't feel like looking for any, BUT I would NOT trade it for anything, love my boys!!!!! and sometime in the next week or so, I will post some pics, right now just trying to get thru the weekend!!
On that note, Think cool thoughts, happy pig showing mojo and pray to the baseball gods!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so cool that Gunner got 4th place. Go pig boy!!!! Tell him congratulations. Are you gonna have a freezer full since Chewy didn't make weight? LOL
Post a Comment