Thursday, October 8, 2009

"They Call Me Tater Salad".......

As many may know or may not know, this year is Mark and I's 20th Anniversary (plus I turned the dreaded 40 this year, EWWWWWWW). I have been wanting to plan a vacation, but, well heck, life has gotten in the way. I am a firm believer of try, try again, and always have a back up plan or a plan "B". My real wish/desire was to go to Mexico and take the kids but there has been soo much "stuff" going on/happening that it was just not working out. That is where plan B comes in.........

Mark and I have tickets to see Ron White on December 12th, IN LAS VEGAS!!!! Yes, believe it, I was able to convince him to go!! We will leave on the 12th and come home on the 17th. It is not exactly Mexico, but it is a vacation. We will be staying at The Mirage and then we are planning on Wed/Thur renting a car and going to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. We will actually spend a night at the Grand Canyon and then drive back to Vegas to fly home.

I am really excited (I wonder how decorated it will be for christmas?)!! (The boys are staying home with Grandma Harrison) It won't really be sitting by the pool weather, but it will atleast be warmer than here and again it is a vacation..... I was trying to talk Mark into renewing our vows with an Elvis impersonater, but he wasn't too keen on that idea!.
SO, we will drink, eat, drink, shop, drink, maybe gamble, drink, maybe do that other thing ;), drink, drink some more and just have a really good relaxing time!!

Of course I will still dream of Mexico, sandy beaches, warm sun and cabanas boys bringing me fruity drinks with little umbrellas....We all have to have a dream, right?!

No comments: