I really thought baseball was a no contact sport, but boy was I wrong. Tonight Drake was on the losing end of a collison at home plate. He was on 3rd, the tying run and he was sent to steal home on a suicide bunt. Well the batter didn't bunt and Drake was sent and well he was dead meat at home plate. Not sure the other catcher should have come up the line and tagged him as hard as he did, but, that's mom talking. Drake took the tag right in the face as he was sliding, helmet flew off and he went to his back. He was knocked out for a few seconds and when he sat up he was bleeding, I think from the nose. He ended up with a scratch by his eye, swollen nose, bloody lip (but he has all his teeth, thank god!).

Can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning.....
The sucky part was, his eye had just healed from a black eye he got a few weeks ago in a different game (against this same team!!) SIGH, I guess I won't rely on his modeling career for my retirement!!!
1 comment:
Poor Drake, just takes a beating and keeps on playing.....hugs from grandma
Post a Comment