Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Shenanigans, Part 1 (Foster 5K)....

Just how much CAN you do in one weekend????

Friday night started out pretty low key, Drake had practice, Gunner was at the Land Lab helping with the FFA float so Mark and I go to dinner. What do we do after dinner (with NO kids), go to Bob Smith and watch baseball....WTH???? We decided when the kids are all grown and gone, we are going to be the creepy old people in the stands just watching who ever play because we miss it!!

Well, had to get home and get some rest cause we had the Foster Dam Fun/Run 5k on Saturday. Gunner bailed cause he was in the parade for FFA and Drake tried to bail, but I think Nicole guilted him in to going......

Got up to Foster and it was beautiful.

We checked in and then realized we had to go across the dam damn (hehehe pun intended) to the starting pointing. We meandered (ran? LOL)
to hurry up and wait. We got over that and of course had to take pictures. Brandi was there with some girls from work, so had to get her in a few pics as well.
They had a kids run before the 5k and it took forever for the that to be done so we could start. Finally it is time, and after the star spangled banner we were off (Remember speed limit 35 miles an hour!!)
Off we go, we crossed the damn and then went down the hill to a park (didn't know was there). Well you know the saying, what goes down, must come up.....That was a big ass hill!!!
(Nicole doesn't look soo good)

Then we walked along the highway to the lookout and then back along the path, by the lake to the dam again. At some point, I kinda hit a zone and lost Missy, I felt bad, but I hit my stride and decided I wanted to beat my previous time.....and I did, I beat it by 3 minutes, pretty proud of that!!

It felt great, but if felt longer than 3.2 miles!!! Nicole took 2nd in her category
and Missy and I were just glad we finished LOL......
After the race was over, we jumped in the car and raced back to Lebanon for the Strawberrry Parade......

1 comment:

Missy said...

omg.......we are sisters....I posted on my blog before I read yours and it says almost the exact same thing......lol....and I used "shinannaghans" several times too!!!! hahahahaaaaaaa