Saturday, May 7, 2011

What were we thinking.......

Sometimes what starts out as a really crazy idea, becomes something that isn't really soo bad. Over the last few years my sister has made some lifestyle changes and changed her eating habits, exercised and all that good stuff. Well, I decided last fall to do the same. I have been exercising about 6 days a week and most of it is walking, but I have incorporated in some jogging. One day we were bs'ing and started throwing out all these crazy ideas and something was mentioned about doing a 5k. Well it all sounds like a good idea when your talking about!! Then I heard about the Cheadle Lake 5k Fun Run/Walk in Lebanon. Next thing you know I am texting Missy (because who actually uses a phone to make a phone call anymore HAHAHA!) and asking if she was in....She said "YES", well OH SHIT, now we are committed. So instead of working, like I was supposed to be, I signed us up. Next thing ya know we have the boys and Nicole signed up as well. Let me tell ya, hearing 5k sound pretty daunting, until you realize it is just over 3 miles and I walk an average of 3.5 almost everynight.

We had something to look forward to, heaven knows we didn't train for it, and we had several texts back and forth about what to wear (Was really disappointed to see the rain!!)

Finally the BIG day arrives and it's raining!! But never fear, we are dressed and ready to roll!!! Of course we have to take pictures of everything, so these are the pre-pre-race pictures at home......
(This picture, below, is the "Where's Gunner?" picture)

Look Missy, I am happy to be up early on a Saturday, in the rain, to walk a 5K :
Off to the Races (HEHEHEHE), we get registered and wait(in the car) for it to start.
Of course we had to entertain ourselves, so we took more pictures....


It didn't start to rain until we start walking, and then for a little bit it was really coming down. Drake and Nicole ran the whole thing, and then Gunner decided to run it too, here they are passing us coming back up the path.

They all finished well, I was pleased that Missy and I did not finish at the back of the pack, we came in 125 and 126 respectively, we even finished by jogging across the finish line.
This is a link to all the results http://www.eclecticedgeracing2.com/uploads/2011_CHEADLE_LAKE_5K_RESULTS.pdf)
Well, had to make sure we were fully documented, so MORE pictures, these are the after!!!




Nicole Mary Harrison, hehehehe, took 1st place in her age, YEAH NICOLE!
It was a really good time, really good exercise, fun to do and bond with the kids. We got all done and the kids were already asking if we were going it again next year!!!!! and of course we said YES!
Missy and I are pretty darn proud of our shirts and will wear them proudly.
Of course, we get home and what happens, the 3 kids leave us, bye, there they go!!! I guess we had our bonding moment while it lasted............

P.S. Yes, for the record, we were there for the race, but we like lots of pictures :D

1 comment:

Missy said...

first of all...GREAT JOB! and you look skinny :) second....I waited to read your blog until I had posted mine. As usual we pretty much post the same thing!! we are sisters! lol. what are you going to say when I get a hair-brained idea to do a half marathon or something? hhahahaa....maybe we should RUN a 5k first. hahahah