Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baseball, Baseball and more Baseball..

I just love spring in oregon (NOT!!), baseball season has officially started, well atleast on the calender.
Gunner has been practicing since the end of February and so far everything has been rained out except their doubleheader yesterday (Won both games). Unfortunately I did not take a camera so dont have any pictures, but don't worry there is alot of season left. We did have an episode last week, I get a phone call at work about 4:45, "Mom, can you come get me,I got cleated (metal cleats) and the trainer says I need stitches" So I pick him up and off to urgent care we go. I have my own thoughts about that place, but well, I will refrain. They finally take us back and I get my first look at the "injury".
The nurse promptly told us that urgent care could not do it, had to go to ER, GREAT!!!!! We finally get called back, they clean it up, give him some shots and then proceed to put in 10 staples OUCH!!!!

After 2 1/2 hours sitting there, I am thinking it is way too early in the season for this (Last year we had Drake in ER for stitches by his eye, sorta baseball related).

A few days before Drake has baseball tryouts. it was pouring down rain pretty much all day. I am not sure how those kids did it, but they survived. For Drake's age there were 35 kids trying for the 12 spots on the Senior Federal team. Luckily all but 2 of his team from lsat year made it (the 2 that didn't, are too young).
The players were scored by the high school varsity coaches and players. I won't say where he ended up score wise, but he I will say he was in the top 5 (out of 35). Pretty proud of him, and again, season just starting so no pics yet.

Yesterday was so nice (ok compared to what we have been seeing), I caught (HEHEHEH pun intended?) the baseball bug and sitting on the bleachers for Gunner's double header was not enough. I got the wonderful idea we needed to go to the Beaver game. It sound good last night when the sun was kinda sorta out. Well it started to sprinkle as we left home, but I still had faith.
We got there and things weren't too bad until end of 3rd inning, started raining. After 4 innings, which it was tied 2-2, out came the tarps and a 30 minute rain delay. We were already wet,so we just sat there and took some pictures. (me and the boys)
Then they decided to wait another 20 minutes. ARRrggghhhh REALLY
FINALLY, they pulled the tarps and the game was back on. It sprinkled a little, but the Beavs pulled it out and won 4-2. I was freezing by the time it was done. I would like to see another game, but there better be no chance of rain in thee forcast!!!!

So baseball is upon us, will post pics, etc as I can. Between now and middle of July, if you are looking for the Harrison's we are probably at the baseball field!

No comments: