Sunday, September 19, 2010

Look what Gunner did....

Gunner was invited to go fishing today with Phil and a buddy of Phil's. They headed over to the Yaquina River ready for, basically a boat ride in the pouring rain. About 10:15 Mark's phone rings, it is Gunner, "Dad, I caught a fish, a monster fish". While Mark is talking to him, I check my phone and I had a text message. This was what I found..........
It weighed about 40lbs and was about 38 1/2 inches long. Gunner reeled it in all by himself. (He has just bought a brand new salmon rod and spincast(?) reel this summer, so it has the stink off it). He was pretty stoked. Phil was hoping like hell he didn't miss it with the net!!

Not much action the rest of they day, they were getting ready to leave and Gunner has another hit on his pole. After the other 2 got their gear in the boat, Gunner gave his pole to Phil's buddy and he reeled it in, it was his first salmon, Not as big, but still a nice looking fish. It weighed about 20lbs(ish) and was about 30ish inches. Both fish were caught on some special homemade spinners that Mark had made. He's not happy or anything is he???

Good Day Fishing......

1 comment:

Missy said...

holy mother of pearl! that fish is huge.........almost bigger than Gunner.....good job!